I have just received advanced notice there will be a very large auction of highly collectable antique safes put on by Morphy Auctions and "theantiquesafecollector" in early March of 2013. I know there are several safe collectors on here who will be interested in attending , and this would a good opportunity for those across the pond wishing to acquire some very nice and interesting safes. Many of these could easily be considered museum pieces and are quite rare. Pedestal and boudoir safes, hobnails and mini cannonballs, I have been in the trade for around 35 years and hardly ever run across safes like these, except in someones collection.

At some point down the road a pre-auction catalog will be available both in print and online. I just went on Morphy's website and at this time it is listed as an advertising auction but the date has been confirmed. It is to be on

Sat march 9, 2013

Morphy Auctions
2000 n. Reading Dr.
Denver, PA

phone (717)-335-3435

Denver is east of Harrisburg, just off the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Bidding can be in person, over the phone or over the internet.

I know I will be there, nosing around around for locks to take apart and hope to meet some of you there. I will post again as soon as I know the catalog is available. Doug