Hello all. I’m new to this forum, but I’ve been an admirer of the craftsmanship aspect of antique locks for some time. I have a hobby (which I’m trying to turn into a full-time occupation now that I’m retired), of constructing fitted cases for musical instruments, fine bespoke firearms, sets of silverware and flatware, and almost anything else that has had or needs a closely-fitted, precision crafted oak-and-leather storage and transport case. I’ve built cases for everything from a $200,000.00custom-made shotgun, to an antique sextant that had been separated from its original case. I use only the very finest materials and finishing, which brings me to an urgent need I have. My cases have solid brass hardware. The ones that use the briefcase-type “flip locks”are no exception. Problem is, the last maker of really good luggage and briefcase hardware closed upon the death of the head and founder. It was located in Italy, and it apparently consisted of the father, one son, one son-in-law and some more relatives as the staff and workforce. Apparently, most were near retirement age, and when the “Patriarch” passed away, they simply shut the doors. Now, all that is out there is cheap, zinc die cast latches imported from China. I will not use them on my cases,as they are all junk. Since the last known source is no more, I will have to make my own. I once was a tool-and-die maker, and I have a complete metalworking shop and I have investment castings made on a regular basis, so this is no problem. My problem is patterns. I need some examples of the very highest-grade suitcase-type flip latches from the 1900 – 1950 time-frame; the type usually found only on custom made luggage and oak-and-leather shotgun cases. The following makers made them: Finnigan Ltd.; Barret & Son, F.Lansdowne, and John Pound & Company. There were other makers,but these are what I have encountered most often. They all are made of cast or forged solid brass, and the finishing was impeccable. I need some detached examples for pattern pieces, so I can make my casting patterns. I intend to disassemble them in a way they can be re-assembled (I do not destroy history!) and then to prepare some good drawings that will be of sufficient detail for me to make my casting patterns. I can also use broken and partially disassembled examples.Does anyone out there have any they would be willing to part with? I’ll pay top prices as I really need these. I’ll upload some photos later. Sincerely, Campchair