Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default How old is this Eagle three lever lock?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock3.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	6785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lock4.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	6786
    I found an old lock made by the Eagle Lock Co., Terryville CT. I'm assuming it's brass and am curious to know approximately what year it might have been made. I've been scouring the internet for some kind of information about it but am striking out, the local library doesn't have any good books, and I can't afford to buy a book just to determine its age. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!

It's about 1 3/4" square, 2 3/4" total height.

Default How old is this Eagle three lever lock?

Without a patent date I can't tell you exactly how old it is, but I did find it listed in Eagle's 1924 padlock catalog. It's number was 04043. It was described as all brass, self-locking with a spring shackle. It used a nickel plated flat steel key. It had 12 possible key changes. The Eagle Lock Company was founded in 1854.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Klemm View Post
    Without a patent date I can't tell you exactly how old it is, but I did find it listed in Eagle's 1924 padlock catalog. It's number was 04043. It was described as all brass, self-locking with a spring shackle. It used a nickel plated flat steel key. It had 12 possible key changes. The Eagle Lock Company was founded in 1854.
    Thank you so much, Scott! That's very helpful.

Thread Information