Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Does anybody have any information on G. & B. Mfg. Co.?

It is stamped on the face of what appears to be a brass lever lock.

Thanks a bunch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen shot 2013-03-16 at 5.43.14 PM.jpg  

Here is a possibility I found, Gilbert & Bennett Mfg. Co.. The time frame of the business, it's growth and the New England location are supportive.

"In 1832 Benjamin's eldest son, William J. Gilbert was taken into the firm, forming Gilbert & Bennett & Company. William, was the salesmen who started out with great wagons loaded with goods, going through Connecticut, New York State, and as far West as the "Western Reserve of Ohio" selling the goods and coming back on the home trip stopping at the tanneries and slaughter houses, collecting the horse, cattle and hogs' hair to be made up into the finished product at the Red Shop."

You can Google for more info., the history was interesting.

Default anyone know what this is?? help

Hello. Does anyone know how to START a new post? This site is not user-friendly. I can't find anywhere how to start a new thread.

Thanks

I think that you have to be logged in and then there will be a prominent button to start a new post.

Quote Originally Posted by bbcci View Post
    Here is a possibility I found, Gilbert & Bennett Mfg. Co.. The time frame of the business, it's growth and the New England location are supportive.

"In 1832 Benjamin's eldest son, William J. Gilbert was taken into the firm, forming Gilbert & Bennett & Company. William, was the salesmen who started out with great wagons loaded with goods, going through Connecticut, New York State, and as far West as the "Western Reserve of Ohio" selling the goods and coming back on the home trip stopping at the tanneries and slaughter houses, collecting the horse, cattle and hogs' hair to be made up into the finished product at the Red Shop."

You can Google for more info., the history was interesting.

Thanks very much .. There is a bunch of interesting reading there for sure.

Thread Information