Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks for that beautiful picture BBE!

I have tried to get one of those but not success yet :(
    I would love to add an old Junkunc combination padlock to it's brother here in my collection.

Hi Friends! You helped me identify the combination pattern and get this old Junkunc Bros lock open. Thank you! It is a 14 number lock with the patent date of Jan. 31-'22. Serial number C615766. The number "575" is stamped on the shackle. Its combination pattern is: R-3X, L-2X, R-1X.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JunkuncBrosLock01.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	6732

Glad to hear this helped yours open Dowser!
    I am still working on mine but I still have a lot of numbers to go.

~B

Yes, I did it all in one day. My fingers are still so sore. It is amazing that opening the lock and putting a couple of drops of lubricant inside smoothed the action.

Another thing that I noticed: I would put in the first two numbers, and then put my index finger under the shackle and hold an upward pressure on the shackle while I turned to the right searching for the third number. When I finally had the first two numbers correct, the lock suddenly behaved differently. I couldn't turn the dial unlessthat upward pressure on the shackle was removed. I hope this helps you.

Yes, I learned that trick too, dialing down for the 3rd number to speed up the process but at the beginning I tried all the 2 digit combinations in case it was a 2-dialed.

It's nice to hear that yours was a R, L, R because that's what I have been doing.

I noticed about half way through the process I needed to lubricate the dial as well because it was starting to stick from all the trial and error.

Thanks for the tip, I'll be on extra alert if it begins to behave differently and even perhaps try the code again.

Wow...sooo funny story. I tried unlocking it again for the first time in months right after I replied to Dowsers post and got it it open on the first set of numbers I left off on.
    Just like you said Dowser..it was acting odd on the 3rd number. I thought the lock was acting up because it was happening on my first try, heh
    Finally! Thanks everyone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6503.jpg  

Thread Information