Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The Sengpiel padlocks appear to have been made in 5 sizes (2.4x3.5", 2.6x3.9" , 3.1x4.7" , 3.7x 5.5", and 4.1x6.1") and were stamped with a number (1 -- 12). Some had no number. Some have brass keycovers and some white metal. About half of mine have original keys. I have paid as much as $100 and as little as $10. Most were found in Germany and Poland -- although I found locks also in Belarus, France, Lithuania and the U.S. I'm always interested in acquiring more! Please answer these questions about your lock: exact size?, original key? stamped number? brass or white metal keycover? does it lock/unlock? . As a sidebar, although most are stamped with a number, there appears to be a number of different keyings for a given number. For example, I have 3 different "4's", 4 different "2's", 2 different "12's" , 3 different "11's" - and the keys are not interchangeable. All locks appear to be 4-lever except the smallest = 3 levers.
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by amazing01 View Post
    Gordon, I am very impressed at how well made this lock is. The key is very nice as well......the barrel is SO BIG!!! I love the acorn and leaf on the keyway cover too.

I don't know what size mine is but it is about 5 inches high, 3 inches wide, by 1 inch thick. It is in perfect working order and has not been cleaned up at all. This lock IS for sale if you are interested! I have to buy a new regulator set for scuba diving and they are EXPENSIVE!!! I am fund raising for that little endeavor right now and am parting with a few pieces to buy it. What do you think a fair price would be for mine???

Mike

Mike,
    In my post I asked some questions about your lock, your pictures answer the questions. Sorry! Your lock appears to be the middle (of 5) size model. I have a similar lock but it has a weak locking bolt spring. Mine has a white metal keycover, yours brass. Anyway, it's hard to put a price on yours since if I bought it on Allegro (Polish site) it would cost about $10-20 USD but I'd need to pay for postage and a handling fee to a friend who gathers up a couple and forwards them. If it was on Ebay-Germany it would cost about $20-40 Euros + postage and a handling fee to a friend in Dusseldorf. So, you get the point. I'd offer $50 and I'd pay the $5.25 Priority Mail postage. Don't know how far that would go toward your gear purchase.

Gordon

Looking for info on the F.SENGPIEL'S-PATENT padlock. Here are some photos of the one I have obtained:

Attachment 5715 Attachment 5716 Attachment 5717

I am looking to know where these came from, how old, what they were used for, and most of all.......how much this beautiful old lock is worth???? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Gordon, I don't think you are anywhere near the figure I had in mind. I will hang on to it until I find the right buyer. Thanks anyway.

Mike
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Mike, That's fine. The irony (for you) is that I probably am the right buyer. By that I mean I have bid more than anyone else on every Sengpiel lock appearing on Ebay-US, Ebay-DE, and Allegro in that last 16-18 monthes. Basically, I am the market! By the way, you show up on my Facebook page.
    Gordon

Gordon, I don't think you are anywhere near the figure I had in mind. I will hang on to it until I find the right buyer. Thanks anyway.

Mike

Thread Information