Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default THE YALE & TOWN MFG. CO. KEY CUTTER

Can anyone help me with an estimated value on this Yale key cutter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 046.JPG  

Default Re: THE YALE & TOWN MFG. CO. KEY CUTTER

Estimated Value-- That is a tough one to answer. Do you want a value for insurance purposes (as part of a collection)? Are you trying to buy this off of someone (for your collection or so you can resell it for a profit)? Are you trying to sell this and you really have no idea of it's worth? You had to have paid something for this or it was given to you, so you have some base line.That all being said, I've seen these old hand operated units sell anywhere from $5 up to $250.To a collector of Yale products this might be worth the upper end,but that depends alot on it's overall condition.To someone into locksmithing on the hobby side it would be more towards the lower end of the price. You see electric and hand operated key machines on Ebay all the time and the prices really vary. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default Re: THE YALE & TOWN MFG. CO. KEY CUTTER

I have the exact one myself (minus the wooden box). They are very, very robust, tended to be put in the garage rather than sold for scrap, but the main reason why there are so many of this Yale keycutter still around is that Yale made so very many of them. I am afraid that I would value it in the $10-$50 range and if anyone wants to pay more than that (plus postage) then they can have mine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	key machine01.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	5687
    Of course infinitely more interesting to a collector or historian if the cabinet still has all the gadgets illustrated HERE

Thread Information