Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medeco Padlock

I would buy it too! He has already written books?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Okay, now I get it. Thank you for the backround information!

Quote Originally Posted by dicey View Post
    I have an Anchor Las 590-6 padlock here which I just fitted with a Dom diamond cylinder to get the maximum drill and physical attack resistance. I am going to make a review of this padlock soon, interested?
    I'd be interested. I used to own a Dom Diamant cylinder which I parted with when I had to liquidate my entire collection.

There you go mate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLkM7pbEBNQ

hope you enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Oh and by the way oldlock... Why did you had to sell your collection? Now I remember... I bought this beautiful diary and the pretty Yale padlock of you! I will do a video about this items soon

Quote Originally Posted by Halflock View Post
    One question: Why the pins around the side and not the bottom?
    The pins were to prevent drilling a hole in the side of the lock where a punch could be inserted and then used to drive the bolt to shear off the back of the cylinder plug and unlock the lock. That was one of the tests done on the military locks with a time limit of I think 3 minutes. Without the pins it failed.
    BBE.

Default cutaway

Quote Originally Posted by Halflock View Post
    Thanks, I did and will do more. You should have seen it when I first got it! The lube is loosening the dirt inside and the chrome is chipped on the top disk. It use to have rust all over the body and the insides were caked with dirt.... funny thing is it still worked then. I just got it out of the storage to work on it. I have an OEM key blank to cut. I took it apart to do a cleaning and thought it would be cool to show how to do that. I may sell it as I don't collect padlocks unless they are cutaway..... there is a thought. Make a cutaway of this. Hmmmmm......

There is an Abloy cutaway on Ebay right now.....Donnie

Quote Originally Posted by wylk View Post
    If you can tell us, what new locks did they switch to?
    They went with the Abus Rock with a Medeco cylinder.

Thread Information