Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Pictures of Cannonball safes

I am new to this forum, but I have been a locksmith and safe cracker since 1974. I am currently studing for my Master Safe Tech. In my shop we have a open 1908 Mosler Cannonball Safe (3500 Lbs.) that we intend to restore. I'm looking for pictures of all the various cannonball safes for my information. Thank you for any help. I will try to post pictures of my safe. Ed.

As a start, use the search feature on this forum to look for cannonball (and possibly "cannon ball"). I know there have been discussions in the past with pictures. I'll see if I have any interesting pictures to add.

Also try http://images.google.com and enter "cannonball safe" to see what they might come up with.

Depending on how strict your definition of "cannonball safe" is, here are some images. The first could be described as a "square cannonball". The Corliss safes were very interesting (a sphere rotating inside a sphere). And then a couple of Moslers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1916-ad.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	6713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corliss.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	6714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1916-quadruple.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	6715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mc.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	6716

Ed, are you talking about the CMST certification? I didn't know anybody actually took that test. Anyway I have many cannonball pictures and have found many on the net as Wylk suggests. Is there something in particular you are looking for. Mosler made several styles of cannonballs including lug, double lug, and screwdoor, not to mention the Mosler Corliss which I have many pics of. Then there were the patented screw/lug door and the patented screwball Mosler Corliss which may have never seen the light of day. At least none have shown up yet to my knowledge. Doug

Thread Information