Here's what I know:

The Edwards padlock, when it left the factory was set on a random combination (3-5 buttons pressed). As most people I've spoken to are unaware of, this lock is designed to be USER-resettable. The buttons can be in one of three states;

1) Button needs to be pressed DOWN to work combination
2) Button needs to be pressed UP to work combination
3) Button is left alone (neutral position)

With the shackle OPEN, you will notice a small TANG inside of the square shackle hole, LIFT the tang (carefully) up and over the small "notch" that it normally rests in (on the side of the case) and ROTATE it, perhaps 15-20degrees. Be gentle, the tip of a dental pick makes a nice tool for this. The buttons are now DISengaged from the lock's innerworkings. ROTATING the buttons a 1/3rd turn will change how they affect themselves in the combo. Some of the locks I've seen have 3 little "nicks" on the button faces, furthermore on these types, SOME locks will have ONE of the three "nicks" a small "break" in the "nick" (a magnifying glass REALLY helps) If you're lucky enough to have a lock like this, the combo is actually visible to you from just looking at the lock. (The "nick" with the "break" will either face the lock's outer edge, the lock's exact center, or inbetween) The button's "nicks" can vary slightly from lock to lock (so pay attention to what you rotated, and how much). After setting the new combo of your choosing, ROTATE the little tang back until it snaps into the notch again. What if you have no idea of what the code is to begin with, or there are no "nicks" on the buttons?....................DECODE IT!!!

Decoding; Decoding these locks are SUPER EASY (if you know how).

Cut a piece of standard lock shimstock (curved shims) (Don't have any, ask a locksmith friend). Cut the corners off a shim so the bottom is now about slightly smaller than 1/8th"

__
i i i
i i i
i i i Diagram NOT to scale!!!
i i i
i i i
i i i
\_/ <---Bottom flat is slightly smaller than 1/8"

Slide the shim alongside the buttons (the top of the lock), feel around, the bottom of the shim should fall into a "gate" of sorts and be able to enter slightly deeper, where this occurs put a small dot (with fine tipped-marker) on the face of the button in relation to where the "gate" is located. Repeat this for all the buttons, when you are done some of the dots will face the outer edge of the lock, some will face the exact center, and some will be inbetween. As mentioned above: some of the locks are slightly different from each other so it will be up to you to figure out which direction the dot points in relation to what purpose that button has in the combination IE: press UP, press DOWN, or leave alone. The most buttons of the same configuration are usually gonna be the ones you don't touch (neutral). When you press the buttons (holding down) in the right order, the shackle will pop open..............
~ as if by magic ~!

Hope this helps someone!
--Vince (Peerless)