Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Chubb single sided mortice lock

what's missing out of this 1950's Chubb Escape lock I can't help thinking there's a part missing off the pin on the bolt platform any ideas anyone many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chubb 1950s  single sided Fire escape 4L lock .jpg   Chubb 1950s  single sided Fire escape 4L lock .jpg 03.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    what's missing out of this 1950's Chubb Escape lock I can't help thinking there's a part missing off the pin on the bolt platform any ideas anyone many thanks
    You call it an escape lock but it looks to me to have the action of a bolt which can be deadlocked from the outside
    when thrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gordon View Post
    You call it an escape lock but it looks to me to have the action of a bolt which can be deadlocked from the outside
    when thrown.
    Thanks Tom
    Though if you look at the levers and the bolt stump you'll see lock bolt platform is already in "the thrown" position,
    So thats why I think that there is a part missing that throws the bolt which then if escape is required the handle always overrides the locking action. Well thats as I always understood the purpose of this type of lock. Though I'm always open to any other suggestions. Thanks

Thread Information