Quote Originally Posted by oldlock View Post
Hi John

I'm sure we would all appreciate any other documents or information you can add to the permanent record here at www.antique-locks.com

I recently re-read your piece entitled 'Purpose of this site' and the reference to the 'hoarding' of collections and other valuable material.

I would not wish to fall within that catagory and the circumstances are slightly different. Having had a working life in the safe business I have of course accumulated so much information on the subject from safe-blowing to safe-testing. The bulk of this is in my head. Hard copy, photographs, old catalogues and the like are extremely scarce. It was fortunate that when I came to prepare my 'peterman' and 'safeman' websites that I was able to draw upon both the resources of my memory and my collection of old negatives and slides.

At the time I left Tann in 1990 I did'nt for one minute think I would in the future ever want to call upon the archives - such as they were. Luckily I managed to call in a few favours from various people to whom I had provided literature in the past but these were few and far between.

So, back to your question. The information is still all here - in my head - with a limited number of illustrations to add interest. Consider me as a reference library, not a lending one. I would be only too happy to spend my time responding to specific questions - I'm doing it all the time in response to my website visitors. If I ever come across anything that I consider your visitors might find interesting of course I'll be only too pleased to put it on.