Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: New member

Default New member

Hi all:

I am a collector of many old things, and locks are one type of thing I have collected. Many/most of my locks are Master padlocks, many of them obtained from eBay. I have two from the 1920s, one that has a patent date of "4-22-24" stamped on the bottom (interestingly, the actual patent date for Harry Soref's laminated padlock patent is 4/19/1924, if I remember correctly), and another one, a #400 "Ace", that is apparently a slightly later version of the same lock that has 2 original keys with it. Both are the kind where the body has been ground down to appear smooth/solid. I also have several Master padlocks from the 1930s and later that are still new in the original box with keys or the combination tag. I haven't been active on eBay for quite a while so there's no telling what I've missed out on. If you want to see photos of any of my Master padlocks, let me know.

I have also become interested in old door locks in the recent past, and even have one that I'll ask about in a seperate thread in the appropriate section.

Regards,

Zachary.

Welcome aboard! We always want to see locks, keys, door locks, ect......

Thanks Dean. I think I'll go ahead and post the 1920s Master padlocks over in the Padlock section, after all, how often do you see Master padlocks this old?

Thread Information