Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Victor Cannonball Later Version Restored

This is the later version Victor with the heavy screw threads ground into the door castings and body. It was a definite improvement over the earlier style. At this point, I don't know if there was ever a successful nitro attack on this model. I kind of doubt it. By the time this model came out around 1910 the major makers were really getting their act together in nitro resistance. Of course then came along the threat of oxy-acetylene. This particularly nice but dusty restoration was done by Geoff Joli of Safeworks in Ottowa. To my knowledge it is still at Irving Isacoff's Safe Museum in Ocala, Florida. And probably for sale.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3283.JPG   IMG_3281.JPG   IMG_3280.JPG   IMG_0022.jpg  

Why do you say it would probably be for sale?

Unless the situation has changed, most if not all of Irving Isacoff's vast safe collection is for sale. I do not know if that Victor is still there. Doug

say...i have seen a much smaller version of this safe lately....hehe.

Thread Information