Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Of course you can use the pictures. They are recent and that was the only Beard or Mosler/Beard timelock that I could find in the collection. Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacQueen View Post
    Of course you can use the pictures. They are recent and that was the only Beard or Mosler/Beard timelock that I could find in the collection. Doug
    I may not use them to avoid confusing potential bidders. But fill me in on some details: you were actually at the Miller Collection & took pix of these there? When I asked Ms. Craycraft for info & pix of a Beard lock she sent me pix of an 1887 Mosler.

Yes, I took the pictures there very recently. Ever since I first took a timelock servicing course at Lockmasters back in the 80's, I have taken pictures of the collection when I get the chance. Unfortunately taking them through the glass case makes it difficult. Doug

Yes, I took the pictures there very recently. Ever since I first took a timelock servicing course at Lockmasters back in the 80's, I have taken pictures of the collection when I get the chance. Unfortunately taking them through the glass case makes it difficult. Doug
    Neat. Was it labeled as a Type 3? I don't see a key in the keyway but I assume they have one. I'm hoping that they can do the same type of outside-the-glass closeup photography that they did with these pix they sent me of their Mosler 1887. These were done by their in-house media person. Nice shiots!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mosler_7126b.jpg   mosler_7128b.jpg   mosler_7132b.jpg  

No it wasn't labeled at all. Nor are most the locks in the collection, unfortunately. There are about 25 glass gondola cases with a very rough ballpark estimate of 800 locks. Doug

No it wasn't labeled at all. Nor are most the locks in the collection, unfortunately. There are about 25 glass gondola cases with a very rough ballpark estimate of 800 locks. Doug

That's too bad. I wish I had known about your pix before I listed my Type 3 on eBay. I'm also disapointed that my inquiry to them about their Type 3 only got me pix of the similar Mosler 1887 & no info on their Type 3. It's not hard to imagine a corporate collection like this one being sadly disorganized, such as the lack of labeling & what I would assume is a lack of a central inventory list or catalog. Such a valuable collection deserves to be better organized & presented but, like most corporartions, historical collections probably have a very low priority in their scheme of things.

Thread Information