Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Milk Safe

Hi Gary,
    Suprise, Suprise, it's the very same safe !!!!
    I have just looked at the boltwork and the number is the same. This looked in pretty tatty condition when you opened it, but she sure lookes different nowadays. Thanks again for the pictures to add to my log of work carried out on it.
    Tim

Default The Chubb Circular Door Safe.

Better late than never - I attach copies of the original Chubb leaflet which gives the answers to some of the questions posed earlier.

The attached photograph shows the safe in the original livery of grey and black.

The Chatwood Cylinder safe mentioned earlier was a much heavier object being formed with a cast steel body and door, the latter being hung on a crane hinge to allow it to present itself in parallel to the body opening. The attached photograph unfortunately does not show this feature but does illustrate the mass of material forming both door and body.

This particular safe - no.37404 - was sold to Allied Dairies in 1928.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chubb Circular Door Safe Original finish..jpg   Chubb Circular Door Safe-2.jpg   Chubb Circular Door Safe1.jpg   Chatwood Cylinder safe copy.jpg  

Default Milk Safe Pics

Hi Safeman
    Many thanks for the info posted. It's great to look at some of the literature on old safes like these whatever make it may be. All info is greatfully received.
    Just wish I could get hold of some original advertising stuff but I guess these are virtually all extinct now.
    Anyway, thanks again and sorry for the spelling mistakes in my previous post but did it in a rush !!
    Tim

Thread Information