Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Just joined up

Cool Just joined up

Hi everyone,
    I have just joined this great site and would like to say hello.
    I'm a locksmith and safe engineer and have been in the trade for the last 16years. I have a reasonable collection of safe plates and a small selection of old safe locks. Antique safes are my main passion when I'm working and have found this site really interesting. At the latest MLA Expo 2011, I was lucky enough to win the Chubb Safe's 175th Anniversary special edition safe. This is a 1931 round door safe and completeley renovated and painted with Chubb's special graphics. It will be a few weeks before I get delivery but when I do, I'll post a few pics for the safe enthusiasts if you want.
    Look forward to a few discussions. Tim

Welcome! I always want to see others locks! Being in the craft too is like a kid in a candy store. We get to work at what we have a great deal of interest in.

Many thanks for the welcome,
    Its good to know that some people have the same passion for the work as I do. The best part of the job is you don't know what you will come accross next, and that is the driving force of the work.
    Tim

Default Welcome aboard

Hiya Timmy

Your ears must be burning. I knew you were the winner of that 1931 round door safe by 8.30 on the Monday after the show..well done.

I also know the crew that did its 'cool' paint job.

Hope to hear from you from time to time

Regards
    Russell

Withy Grove (Leeds) Ltd
    www.wgsafesonline.com
    t:0113 2721441

Hi Russell,
    Many thanks for the message, good to hear from you.
    Sorry for the delay in getting back but I've been on hols. It was great to win the safe, first thing that I've ever won. Your right, the paint job is supurb and it looks fantastic, it's really given me a boost because I've had some nice comments from people that I don't even know. (and some people ringing me who want it !!!!!).
    Keep in touch buddy. Thanks again.

Thread Information