Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sargent lock

Default Sargent lock

I try to find anything on Sargent & Company Logo, While going into some of Sargent 1917 Catalog 15 I found one that has logo some how same at padlock but this is S & G Company. Also add information....Tim....
    Attached Files Attached Files

As far as I know, there is no connection between Sargent & Greenleaf and Sargent. Corrections are welcome.

The logo you included in the last post dates roughly from 1907 to 1925.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    I try to find anything on Sargent & Company Logo, While going into some of Sargent 1917 Catalog 15 I found one that has logo some how same at padlock but this is S & G Company. Also add information....Tim....
    Timothy, see thumbnail attached for Sargent & Co. historical logos. From Historical Research Series #19, May 1987 by the late Thomas F. Hennessy.

Pete SchifferliClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Sargent&CoHistoricalLogos.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	21800

Default Sargent lock

Wylk
    You right but I was just given information of the logo almost same letter only they add Greenleaf to it. If you look again the it was 1886 the first one they has. This was only for example of what two almost look alike with the way letter it. Otherwise sorry to mess it up....Tim....

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Wylk
    You right but I was just given information of the logo almost same letter only they add Greenleaf to it. If you look again the it was 1886 the first one they has. This was only for example of what two almost look alike with the way letter it. Otherwise sorry to mess it up....Tim....
    Sargent & Co. of New Haven, CT was formed by Joseph B. Sargent in 1854. Sargent & Greenleaf was organized in 1865 by James Sargent in Rochester, NY*. I am unaware of any connection whatever between the two firms.

*adapted from Early Locks and Lockmakers of America, Rev. 3rd Edition by the late Thomas F. Hennessy; former curator of Lock Museum of America

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information