Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default vintage D.R.G.M germany D.R.P.A bike chain lock

hi , bought this in the open position then closed it , have tried to open it but no luck , have a little experience and a few picks any idea anyone on the inside . thanks in advance. gus
    riding a donkey , looking for a donkey , and refusing to dismount
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SAM_0010.JPG   SAM_0011.JPG   SAM_0012.JPG  

Gus, First off ,I've never looked at one of those locks up close but, It looks to be a simple lever style lock from the pics. Judging from the chain on it I wouldn't think the internal lever arrangement would very complicated. You might try finding a flat blank key, wax it ,insert it and read the impression on the key. You should be able, without a lot of trouble, make the cuts on the blank to make a working key. Good luck with it and remember to have fun doing it. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

thank's MARK ,will persevere, enjoyment only if I defeat it ,have a picture of my modest collection will post it today .gus
    we can always learn much more by merely observing than by asking too many questions

Thread Information