Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Question Old Slaymaker Lock

Hey Folks,

I acquired this lock about a year ago in a big bulk auction of keys and locks off of ebay. I was able to find keys to a goof half of the locks in the lot, but not this one. I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on its age,or value. I've looked around to try and find out some more information on this particular model of lock by Slaymaker, but havent been able to find it.

Thanks in advance!!

Richards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0720 copy.jpg  

Default Oops!

Goes to show how new I am. SOrry for posthing this in the wrong place (I think?) I've thrown this up in the valuation forum. Hope no one hates me!

You did ask for a value so I will move it there being you asked. You had also asked some questions too. I am sorry to say I will be little help with this one.

This is a "Poor Man's Story Lock", Slaymaker a lot of different locks of this type around the 1920's and 1930's. If it is in good shape (no major dents, not frozen up, no drilled rivet heads, etc.), it may be worth between $20.00-$50.00 to the right buyer. Having a working key always adds to its value. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

I'd agree that your specimen is probably from the 1920s or thereabouts. The Slaymaker Lock Co. of Lancaster, PA was founded in 1888 and produced quality padlocks of every description. They persevered for nearly a century before going out-of-business in 1986.

Pete Schifferli

Thread Information