Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Alpine safe restoration and sale thereof....

Here is a picture of an Alpine safe I'm restoring and will sell. I have at this point to wet-sand and buff it. Not to mention striping and lettering. Does anyone have any help as far as the best method to selling it?...E-bay?...Here?... etc.? Also...what do you guys think I should ask for it?...of course I will have to post pictures of it when its done so i might be asking a little prematurely. It will be lettered "Alpine Safe and Lock Co." in silver leaf same lettering and style as original and striped same as it was originally. the acorn finials are made of aluminum and match the orig. shape (with treads). The key and inner lockbox and wood and carpet are original. the safe BTW is 25 inches tall. thanks....it should be done by the end of the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AlpineNewPaintOpen.JPG   AlpineNewPaintFace.JPG  

I would be afraid to touch those safes you do. They are too pretty.

As for selling them ebay would work if you have a way to ship it with a idea of a price for that. You can post it here if you like. Really, outside of a shop I have no good ideas for selling a safe. This is mostly to do with the weight.

Striping is done...next the silver leaf lettering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AlpineFaceClosed.JPG  

Just finished the lettering. I double checked my notes and decided to do the lettering in gold leaf instead of silver leaf. Here is a before and after picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AlpineFaceLettered.JPG   Alpine25.JPG  

I do have to say that in your case you can get more for the story of the restore and the story of where the safe came from than the safe by it self. So do offer a picture story of the safe along with the back story of the safe if you have it. It will bring up the price.

Also GREAT JOB!

E-bay auction starts tonite at 7:15...

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NatSafeMatt View Post
    Just finished the lettering. I double checked my notes and decided to do the lettering in gold leaf instead of silver leaf. Here is a before and after picture.
    or rather an AFTER and Before picture...haha. Didnt want you to think it started out with the picture on the left...LOL.

Thread Information