Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default How's this for a master keying system?

Found this while searching US patents. Kind of a novel idea for it's time.CHE HORHIS PETEHS CO - Google Patents
    Mark A. Billesbach

Mark that is a very cool lock. I wonder if Shaw ever made that into production. I find that the idea of pins to lift the drivers on the edge of the driver is one I have not seen before.Being it is well over 100 years old it is something that should have come back at least once. So this idea either died at Shaw or wasn't copied by others due to hard to produce parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Halflock View Post
    Mark that is a very cool lock. I wonder if Shaw ever made that into production. I find that the idea of pins to lift the drivers on the edge of the driver is one I have not seen before.Being it is well over 100 years old it is something that should have come back at least once. So this idea either died at Shaw or wasn't copied by others due to hard to produce parts.
    It probably never came back because it would have less than adequate pick resistance. Apply torque and rake a couple of times to push the drivers above the shear line.
    BBE.

Thread Information