Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Yale lock and keys and Hurd lock

Hello everyone, i'm new and i hope this is the correct place for this.
    Anyways, I inherited these locks and keys from my grandparents. The Yale lock and key were given to me by my grandfather who works for the electric company(where he obtained it), the Hurd lock was given to me by my grandmother(her maiden name is Hurd and is a relative of the founder of the Hurd lock company), and finally a Yale tubular emergency key that my other grandfather gave to me, along with a huge box of keys.

Any information on any of these would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0926[1].JPG   IMG_0927[1].JPG   IMG_0928[1].JPG   IMG_0929[1].JPG   IMG_0932[1].jpg  

Cool locks.

If I may suggest that you find out anything that your grandmother knows about the Hurd lock company. The back story of those on the inside can be VERY good stories to collectors.

She found it in half of a dresser that her aunt gave her and her sister(they split it), she said she thinks J. P. Hurd is the first cousin of her mom and aunt.

I do know that the lock company moved from Detroit to Greenville, and fortunately that is only an hour away, i plan on finding it, going there, and ask if i can get a key made for it.

Thread Information