Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Old railroad locks

I collect old railroad lock and keys, or trades. Let me know what you have. Thanks

I have an A&W padlock with non-original key, a B&O with B&O key, and several Adlakes some with keys, some without for sale or trade. E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Anyone else have any vintage locks? I would especially like to find a brass Adlake and key. Doesnt have to specifically have railroad markings on it. thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adlake.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	5423Have an adlake hanging on my front room table (elongated wooden style treasure chest) that has never ever seen a train. Went to the railyard one day to make a key for a truck, and when I was done I went inside to give the rr worker an invoice. We sat and talked a few, and I was oogling, and awwwing, at the few train locks on his desk. He asked me if I wanted an adlake, of course I said yes. It still looks brand new; shiny dull metal silver with not a spot fo dirt, or any black rr grime on it.
    Last edited by Cacher; 07-03-12 at 07:58 PM.

Are there any markings on the key or lock? Pm me a price and maybe some better pics?

Thread Information