Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default identification??....

Does anyone know of this safe's maker and era of production? Perhaps a selling agent as well? It measures 28 inches tall, 18 wide, 19 deep. No name on dial face. Help is appreciated...Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brad2B.JPG   BradMI2A.JPG  

Picture of the lock and the insides of it and any numbers on it might help. Closeup pictures of the caster, hinge and dial/handle also.

Sorry Halflock...I don't have pictures of that. The safe is located 1 1/2 hrs away from me. There is a guy in Michigan who is considering buying this safe and having me restore it...but without knowing it's maker...it's hard to know what to paint on it and/or what kind of striping it should get. Hoping someone here may know so the next time I make the drive is to pick it up. I need to show the guy an orig. picture of one to spike his interest.

Have him take the pictures. Safes are IDed by the things mentioned.

Doug (MacQueen) lives near there...he may stop by to take a hands on look. This is what I'm hoping for. Doug is so knowlegeable on safes...I hate to bother him too much...he has done a lot for me already.

I will check that out soon Matt hopefully by Tuesday. I will post the inside pictures. Doug

Awesome...me thankum you heap much. While there...check out Allen's small National safe...what a beauty...look at the inner door with the cover panel mounted on springs for a better seal...interesting. BTW...what are the "White's patent dates" on it's face?

Matt I am not sure on this but my guess is an Alpine. Here is an inside picture. I see your work on the National is coming along nicely. Doug
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN2017.jpg  

Thread Information