Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: Halls Safe Co

Default Halls Safe Co

I have recently acquired this safe from a local family. Naturally it is locked and nobody remembers the combination. The only information that I have from the family is that it was inherited from an uncle, the combination had 4 numbers, it was burglary and fire rated, and that it would open to the same combination no matter if you started left or right. At last memory the safe was empty when it changed hands within the family. The reason I now have it is because of a divorce and no one else wants it. There is a business name painted out on the front that names the original owner as Sands Kline & Co. I am determined to get this bugger open so I can use it.
    The dimensions are:
    H=44 in
    W=30 in
    D=24 in
    Serial number is 18972.
    The door measures 26" x 32"
    I have not had much luck finding information on the different lock types of this company. I would really appreciate some guidance on how to approach my new conundrum. Thanks in advance for whatever info I can get. Pics attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SANY0347.JPG   SANY0352.jpg   SANY0353.jpg   SANY0354.jpg  

Default Safe with no combination numbers

Hello,
    Well It looks on first glance to be a Yale 4 wheel K/C/L and the setting index is the same as the opening mark. And to open, if the lock is mounted in the nomal way it it will be a clockwise start.
    As to the makers, not one thats seen here in the UK.

Hello and thanks for your answer. Please tell me what your reference to K/C/L stands for. Would you happen to know if it was standard for Halls to use a Yale made lock on their safes and did Hall make locks under their own name also? Thanks again.

Default Halls Safe

Hello there,
    K/C/L stands for Keyless Combination Lock, Sorry I am so use to shortening these words for service reports over the years that I forget. As to any other infomation on this safe as it looks to be an american type. I'm sorry I am unable to help you It was mearly the dial opening mark design that made me think that it could be a Yale ,who probably made these for the Hall safe co?

Thread Information