Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Skillman Mortise Locksets

I have (5) of the Skillman Mortise locksets, complete, with leaded glass knobs. There is a small W on all of the knobs. Are these Waterford Crystal? All are in great shape, and have not been cleaned incorrectly. Someone should buy these. I am having trouble finding info on these locks as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have never encountered that brand. But that doesn't mean anything other than in my area we most likely don't have much of them if any.

The W more than likely is the first letter of the last name of the person that owned the building that bought the locks for there home. The other option is the first letter of the name of the building. That was common in the 1900-1930s from what I have seen of many locks in my area.

I believe Skillman Hardware Mfg. was located in Trenton, NJ but has been out-of-business for many years. Their pin tumbler mortise locks used a knockoff of the P&F Corbin 77-5 keyway (Ilco R1001EN/SK1).

Pete Schifferli

Default hoberto

Quote Originally Posted by LockFinder1 View Post
    I have (5) of the Skillman Mortise locksets, complete, with leaded glass knobs. There is a small W on all of the knobs. Are these Waterford Crystal? All are in great shape, and have not been cleaned incorrectly. Someone should buy these. I am having trouble finding info on these locks as well. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Lock finder I have been searching for skillman locksets I need maybe two , working order preferably with keys send me pics of what you have thank you/

Robert

Thread Information