Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Thread: miller padlocks

Default miller padlocks

Hello I have a few old padlocks I would like to know a little more about, the first one is a miller lock with phila usa but no date of any kind. the second one is a cast iron { apears to be} lock with the letters RE. USA and no other markings? none of these lock have keys. is there any one or place that could make new keys? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty3 View Post
    Hello I have a few old padlocks I would like to know a little more about, the first one is a miller lock with phila usa but no date of any kind. the second one is a cast iron { apears to be} lock with the letters RE. USA and no other markings? none of these lock have keys. is there any one or place that could make new keys? thanks.
    A locksmith can make keys for most any lock which has none. The labor cost may exceed the value of the lock in some cases. Without an image it is difficult to determine what might be involved, your best bet would be to take them to a locksmith shop for an estimate and then decide if the cost is justified. The Miller Lock Co. of Philadelphia was in business from 1870-1930 when it was sold to Yale & Towne Mfg. Co. I hope this is helpful.

Pete Schifferli
    Last edited by Pschiffe; 17-12-10 at 04:51 AM.

Thread Information