Quote Originally Posted by JohnB View Post
I have this key maker that I need info on. I'm interested in selling it also if anyone knows whom would be interested in it.
The Improved Duplex Key Cutting Machine will duplicate accurately cylinder keys, flat steel keys, and the lever cuts of bit keys, without the necessity of changing cutters.
Quote is from Ilco Catalog No. 12, copyright 1941. Your machine is probably ca. 1930s. These early machines were well made of cast iron and yours had a shipping weight of 50 lbs. After many years of use, they can become worn and inaccurate as the hardened steel shafts ride on iron castings without any anti-friction bearing surfaces. A machinist can install bronze bushings to alleviate this problem. Ilco began business in 1922 and moved to Rocky Mount, NC in 1974 where they are still active today. Although your machine may have some value to a collector, and appears to be in good condition, it would have little practical use in a modern locksmith shop. Contemporary duplicators are more streamlined, some are automatic and most have many additional operating features unfortunately rendering your machine rather obsolete. I have seen similar models for sale at around $100.00. I hope this information is useful.

Pete Schifferli