Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default A&W (Adam and Weslake) Rail Road Padlock For Sale

Hi all, I am selling my prized Adam and Weslake padlock; this was the original Adlake padlock company from way back in the 1800's. The lock is in excellent working condition, the keyway cover has good spring tension, the shackle pops up fine when it's unlocked, and the locking mechanism is in good working order. The key is very large with a clover shaped hole in the bow (head).....the key is not original but it works the lock just fine. The key shank has a long hole in it where the wall is very thin but it does not affect the function of the lock at all. The lock is all bronze and is marked A&W Co. Chicago on the keyway cover (the key is made of steel or iron). See the pics below:

This is a tough lock to find and now is your chance to get one. I am asking $80.00 (USD) plus $5.00 shipping to anywhere in the US, $7.00 shipping to Canada, and $10.00 shipping anywhere else in the world I ship.....I do not ship to Hong Kong, Thailand, or any part of Africa. I am taking Paypal only for this item (it is the easiest way to do business on the net). E-mail me at mindhunter42 @ hotmail.com if interested. Thanks for looking.

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adam and Weslake 1.jpg   Adam and Weslake 2.jpg   Adam and Weslake 3.jpg   Adam and Weslake 4.jpg  
    Last edited by Dean Nickel; 25-10-10 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Upload pictures
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Default *Update

There seems to be no interest at $80.00 so I will go as low as $65.00 (USD) with the same shipping prices. I am also willing to do some trading (I like cuffs of all types and cool combo padlocks).

Cheers, Mike D~C/
    The Amazing Michael~Escape Artist/Scuba Diver/Locksmith/Lock, Handcuff, and Restraint Collector......and one HELL of a model American! =)

Thread Information