Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What additional forums wanted ??

What would you like to see by way of additional discussion forums within the site ?

I am considering an area specifically for european locks at present but have yet to make a decision.

So - if there are any additional areas you would like to see made available please post here or send me a PM.

Default Re: What additional forums wanted ??

Modern locks and padlocks

You mean a modern padlocks area, or an area for modern locks in general - I did try that once but it attracted no posts ? How about I expand the whole padlocks area to say :

Antique Padlocks
    Combination Padlocks
    Modern Padlocks

etc ?

Thoughts ?

Sounds good

OK. I have added the new padlocks area and will over the coming few days / weeks sort out all the posts in other areas of the site that should be in padlocks and move them accross.

I think in the safe and Vault you should have one for Safes/Vaults, Combination Locks, Timelocks, Boltmotors.
    Jacob

After looking at everything and really thinking on it I can't find anything you don't already have covered. Good job.

Default History, Lock Companies

Hey Guys, I`m new to the fourm. How`s eyeryone?

Actaully what I haven`t seen and what I`m most intrested is the history of the lock companies such as Eagle, Corbin, Excelsior, Yale, National .These were manufactuere of drawer and till locks, Chest locks.

I`m currently reproducing a vintage Eagle round back plate ,1/2 mortise type lock that was used on early turn of the century wooden machinist`s chests. It was called a machined lock not that the lock itself was machined however the process to mortise it was, it was a round mortise as opposed to a square chiseled out.

John

Hi John

For the most part I provide the venue, I am happy to publish articles on these companies if someone has written them but cannot do so with my own knowledge and resources.

I know its a bit out there maybe 2 new forums.

Safe Manufacturers Memorabilia and Lock Manufacturers Memorabilia.

The first one is a bit self serving as I have decided to rebuild a new collection after losing the old one to fire many years ago. Looking for mainly Chubb Lock & Safe era or anything else safe related that interests me.

Thread Information