Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice! I am looking forward to the rest!

Default thanks...

Thanks Halflock!!...but it will be a while till I get to it. Been real busy at sign shop as well as trying to get two safes ready for paint before snow flies.

This is a hobby... not a job. If you are having fun doing it then it is a nice thing to do. In my case I totally understand. It took me over a year to take down clean/repair and put back together a lock for my collection. Thankfully I had taken many pictures on how the lock was taken apart. That one lock is one of my nicer ones in my collection I think because I had taken time with it and knew how much time and effort to make is shine.
    Granted not as nice as yours looks.

I am just sick.... I work with locks all day long and then come home and work on them there too.

I am just sick.... I work with locks all day long and then come home and work on them there too.
    I get to that point some times. Esp. when very busy with signshop work. Usually when this happens...I just lock the doors and "play" with my safe projects at night (don't miss any "father/kid time" that way). I am only 37 but am finding it harder to stay up so late. Used to work sometimes through the night and next day even. That doesn't happen anymore. That balance is hard to find. Sometimes I just gotta say "no" to some things. I had my own shop for about 7 yrs then sold it to a sign shop and worked for them full time ("need for steady paycheck" syndrom...mistake). It took me another 7 yrs to get out of there and get my current shop. The "enjoyment" of what God has allowed me to be able to do was getting sucked out. Now I can say that enjoyment has been greatly restored....abundantly. Dad always said "You find a job you enjoy and you'll never have to work." Remeber you get out of it what you put into it. That is why your favorite lock is your favorite lock...it represents your passion and is a product there of. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge on this site. It shows from this end, that you put a lot of time into it. Please post a picture when you get a chance. Take care! Matt (Nahum 1:7)

http://www.antique-locks.com/domesti...ore-after.html

This is one of them. I have been trying to get a bit of time to post some more. This isn't the one that took me a year... ok it took a year between taking it apart, figuring what was wrong and finding the part. Once I had the part I cleaned it and put it all in one nice lock.

Wink Nice...

That is the coolest, most intricate lock I've ever seen. Don't show me any more...I will get out of safes and into locks!!Very nice job. Many small parts that all have to work together to make that lock work. Great job!! Thank you for posting. They sure did things diff. back then. Take care.
    Matt (Nahum 1:7)

Default good work

I am just starting my first restoration and came across this thread.

What a fabulous safe

well done

Default 23KT gold leaf striping...

Just finished the striping on the inner door...much to do yet though. Sorry if anyone is getting tired of seeing all these pictures...I mean....I've put a lot of them on here?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NatNewGold3.JPG   NatNewGold4.JPG  

Work like yours is art. I don't think anyone will get tired looking at them.

Keep posting the pics!! I could never get tired of looking at something that looks that good!!
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information