Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Wanted: Old Corbin Cabinet Lock

Looking for an old Corbin cabinet lock. There is a plate on the side where the key enters that is 1-7/8 wide and 5/8 inch tall. The plate has holes on each end for mounting. The housing for the locking mechanism is 1-1/4 wide and 1/2 tall. The bolt is flat and slides through the housing. Please see the attached picture of this lock that is over fifty years old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corbin1.jpg   Corbin2.jpg   Corbin3.jpg  

Default Wanted: Old Corbin Cabinet Lock

In the UK any locksmith should be able to supply one to fit although it would not be made by Corbin-in the US I doubt that it would be any different.

Really that type of lock isn't that common here. Most lock shops wouldn't stock it or anything like it here. Heck finding a shop that can cut the key would be a problem anymore. It would be special order for me and no it wouldn't be made by CCL as I would have to go to an importer to get a lock like it from England or other parts of the planet. Old stock from a locksmith in the NE part of the USA or Ebay will be the only way to find that lock made by CCL.

www.ebay.co.uk 290445440407

If I knew the dimensions then I could send it from here-and on a daily basis we cut keys to them
    Cheers
    Tom

Thread Information