Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Antique Keil Key Duplicating Machine

I have no knowledge of key duplicating machines, but while at a surplus auction I purchased a :

Keil No. 2
    "Plain and Automatic Combined"
    "Key Duplicating Machine"
    "for cutting all kinds of key blanks."

This is the exact wording on the tag. I brought it home and plugged it in and the motor works and everything seems to turn and operate properly, and the parts that engage, work correctly it seems to me. The work light even works on it. I would like to know if anyone on this forum has any knowledge of this machine and if it has any value and where would be the best place to sell it. I took a picture of it, it is dirty and I am afraid to run it much without cleaning and oiling it. It looks to me to be made prior to 1950 since the bearings are actually oilable bushings, not sealed bearings. I tried to reasearch it but couldn't find anything, so any help would greatly be apreciated. My cell phone number is 405-206-1507 if anyone would help I will really aprreciate it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	675.1 KB 
ID:	3438 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	004.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	727.1 KB 
ID:	3439

keil-h
    http://www.simon-says.net/lds2/keil_ny-h/keil_ny-h.htm

I think that is an neat machine. I don't know when it was made but here is a site that shows some of their machines.
    Last edited by Dean Nickel; 14-08-10 at 04:19 PM.

Thread Information