Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Mosler Safe & Lock Co. Safe

Hi, I'm trying to figure out some info and value on the safe in my basement, and would also like to sell it- if it's worth anything. It's definitely old, the serial # on the handle is: 130303.

I've attached a few pictures that might help with identification (it's a floor safe, stands a few feet high).

after a few tries, the pics won't upload. any ideas folks?

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I now see the list with filesize limits.

Here are the photos:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25hivpy.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	3430 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14weg5e.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	3433 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24yrc5y.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	3432 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33f8b53.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	3431

Thanks for any and all help!!

-Brandon

Default More Pictures?

Would more pictures help out?

thanks again!

Maybe or Maybe not. That safe doesn't look that different from a good deal made in the last 100 years. Safes that are different from the pack such as a Cannon Ball are more desired. Those that were really old are also desired. Those with a special lock may also fall into a desired group. This one I would guess may not be desired.... or nobody has checked out your pictures yet. It may take time as safe collectors are not as common as a lock or key collector as they don't weigh as much. I am not a safe collector and I don't work with safes that much so I am not much help in this group of topic.

Default Picts of inside??

Pezman...could you supply a picture showing the inside of the safe? Does it have wooden interior with an inner metal compartment that locks?...and/or drawers/shelves? The ability to get it out of it's current resting place may have a bit to do with it's value. Sometimes they are in a basement and such...making very hard for the average Joe to get it outside to load it. If this is applicable it could sway potentail buyers away. I do agree with Halflock...not too uncommon and prob. wouldn't be that desireable to a "collector" due to the condition of it's outer finish. However, if you find someone who may want to re-do it...then you may have a better shot at selling it. I bought one close to the condition and size of yours (although it is a Diebold) a few months ago and paid $150.00 for it. It was in a basement and I was the only one to bid on it. (on E-Bay). It had not been painted over and some of the original markings were still visable. It was located only about an hour from where I live so it wasn't that big of a deal to go get it. I am currently in the early stages of restoring it. Perhaps when it is done I will post picts...I will most likely sell it.

Matt

Thread Information