Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default B & O Railroad Brass Padlock for sale

As shown with key. New to this forum. Does $85 sound reasonable?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bo lock small.jpg   bo back.jpg  

Seems a little on the high side for a railroad lock. If it had the B&O in raised lettering on the back it would be worth that and more, especially with the marked working key. I would try listing it on ebay, it's hard to tell these days how high it would go.Any more i'm surprised at what some people will pay for locks. The really good origional locks will bring their value and more, but even plain jane locks and reproductions are going for more than their worth sometimes. Good Luck, Mark

Thanks. I tried listing this on Ebay, and they immediately took it off, citing complaints from the Railroad companies about authorized keys, etc.
    Would anyone be interested at $65?

I could possibly interested in the lock. Maybe chop off $5 to make it $60. Could you tell me the exact size and if there's any history to the lock.

Smile eagle

Quote Originally Posted by lbragin View Post
    I could possibly interested in the lock. Maybe chop off $5 to make it $60. Could you tell me the exact size and if there's any history to the lock.
    Hi! I just registered so I could ask if this B&O railroad lock is still for sale. It looks nice for a padlock collector. Thanks for any information you can provide. Kathy

Default B & O Padlock for sale

Quote Originally Posted by eagle View Post
    Hi! I just registered so I could ask if this B&O railroad lock is still for sale. It looks nice for a padlock collector. Thanks for any information you can provide. Kathy
    Is this B & O Railroad lock still for sale? I didn't see a response yet - just wondering - would like to buy it. Thanks

Thread Information