Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Gougler Keyless padlock combination requests.

Thanks to the goodwill of site supporter ' oldbiscuit ' users have in the past been able to receive codes for Gougler Keyless padlocks.

It is becoming a concern that numbers of requests are now being made for such codes and it is still possible that these padlocks may be in use, while I am not suggesting that any of the previous requests have been improper to ensure that all requests in the future are legitimate the following must be included in any code request post.

1 - At least two clear photo's of the lock in question, 1 front, 1 back uploaded to this server and included in the post.

2 - The photo's must be taken against a sheet of paper, on the paper must be written the full name of the owner of the lock and this website name, ie :

Mr John Smith, www.antique-locks.com

All of the above must be clear and legible.

Any queries regarding this policy please post here.

Thanks

Default need combo

have gougler lock need combo for B 3240
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-052F.JPG   MVC-053F.JPG  

Default gougler

actually would also need directions as well as combo if someone was nice enough to respond

Doubled, Sorry I didn't respond sooner but this request should have been under the "Combination Lock" section. Never the less try this. Turn the dial left to stop,then go
    R-3 L-8 R-7 .Hope this works for you,either way please respond and let us know how it worked out. Mark

Default gougler

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Doubled, Sorry I didn't respond sooner but this request should have been under the "Combination Lock" section. Never the less try this. Turn the dial left to stop,then go
    R-3 L-8 R-7 .Hope this works for you,either way please respond and let us know how it worked out. Mark
    hi lock wont turn 8clicks left after only 3 clicks right?
    t.i.a. doug

Doug, Are you sure of the padlock code (B3240) ? Look real close at it again,could the 3 be an 8 ? If it actually is a 3 try this, turn the dial right to stop L3 R1 L8 R7.If that dosn't work repeat from right stop,do everything the same except change the second number in the combo up 1 digit. You might have to run through I think 18 to get at the right combo. The Reed code book that lists these combos has a few that just don't work out just right,but the last 2 numbers are always right. If the padlock code is (B8240) try LS R8 L8 R7. Mark

sorrry for delay im replying cant get either way to work code is definitrley B3240
    thanks for trying.Know anything about cotterilll padlocks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MVC-095F.JPG  

That's a very nice lock!! Cotterill's have a pretty high collector value,one like yours with origional keys in working condition and not all beat up are worth $900 and up.great lock to have in a collection. Mark

Default padlock

WOW!!! nice to know

Default Gougler combo # B3240

Quote Originally Posted by doubled View Post
    sorrry for delay im replying cant get either way to work code is definitrley B3240
    thanks for trying.Know anything about cotterilll padlocks
    "I'm a new member and I have the very same lock with the code B3240 also. Tried the above combo also without any luck. Have had the lock since the 70's and have always wanted to open it. Have two other Gougler (square) combination locks with the combinations. #047 and #F0203. If someone comes up with another combination for #B32040 would be great to have it."

Thread Information