Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

found or&n Oregon railroad and navigation co close lock to get key out info did not give value

Thumbs up

Mark,

Bingo! I turned left several complete rotations and it did not stop so I manually stopped at 0. Then followed the steps you provided, I went very slow so as not to make a mistake. I started to smile when, on the very last click of the very last step, I felt something 'catch' and that made the final click 'stiff'. I lifted the shackle and verified what I wa fairly certain I knew.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I logged into this site 3 weeks ago for the first time in several years. I am still a novice in these matters but I'm trying to spend more time with locks and keys. This site has never cesed to amaze me because there are a number of old pros here and I have tremendous respect for the combined experience.

When I was looking for somewhere to get a push key made for my Corbin pancake lock, I was pointed to Lauren Arndt. I ended up having a wonderful conversation with him. Itold him that I fully understood that with old locks, there are no guarantees. I said that i knew attempting to oen the lock might damage it. I told him that should this happen I would NOT in any way hold him responsible. He not only mde a working key but my lock ended up in his 3rd volume of his book. While this may have been no big deal for many pros here, it was (and is still) something I consider a great honor. I was going to sell the lock, but after all this, I decided to keep it.

Anyway, I would like say to everyone here who have helped me on big and small ways that you have all been quite patient with me and I greatly appreciate the help I have received here.

[

Default goughler padlock

would appreciate code for this padlock
    thank you
    shackle code is 9230Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1207211515_Film4_resized.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	525.4 KB 
ID:	22773Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1638915389447_resized.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	22774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1638915389447_resized.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	22774
    hope these are clear ?

Thread Information