Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Default gougler 8245

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Rosha, try turning left till the knob stops, or if no stop, turn left to 0, then R4 clicks, L5 clicks, R8 clicks, then lift shackle. Hope this works,let us know either way, Mark
    yes this works. thanks very much

Red face Yes, another Gougler Keyless Padlock Combination request. :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151127_002.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	14698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151127_005.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	408.8 KB 
ID:	14699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20151127_003.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	420.5 KB 
ID:	14700Hello, my fellow collectors! I'm a treasure hunter and love old keys and locks. I got this on ebay and would love to be able to open it and use it. It does not have stops going right and left, as it turns and turns both ways. The numbers on the backside of hasp are 6132 or 8132. for some reason, my cellphone camera wouldn't focus with the white paper behind it, but I added one for your viewing pleasure. Thanks so much for your help!

Try these; First turn left several turns and stop at zero. Now counting clicks go R6-L5-R4-L2-R4 The shackle is not spring loaded, so you will have to hinge it open. If that combo doesn't work try same procedure only R4-L5-R4-L2-R4. Let us know if either of these work. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    Try these; First turn left several turns and stop at zero. Now counting clicks go R6-L5-R4-L2-R4 The shackle is not spring loaded, so you will have to hinge it open. If that combo doesn't work try same procedure only R4-L5-R4-L2-R4. Let us know if either of these work. Mark
    Thanks for that information, but I wasn't able to open with either of those combinations. I'm hoping it's not an institution type that was not in the book.

Default 5 Gouglers, no combos

Here are some with no combos:
    They are all westinghouse branded 3 Millers, and 2 Gouglers.

Miller Numbers are:
    Gougler Numbers are:

I've done some reading on this site and it seems like some of the numbers I have here might be in the the Reed Book.

I have another batch of 4 I found in my "work on someday" box. If you willing to look for those codes too, that would be AWESOME. I usually get these to give out as gifts, people have never seen them and fall instantly in love with them... :)

Some of you may recall... I posted a few years ago about finding one of these (my first) along with a pile of random keys and stuff at an estate sale. It had the code tag, then, after looking thru it all, over a nice cold Miller Highlife Beer, a funny lookin key appeared (for the Gougler). I posted photos of the find, then later found (on another web site i think), a creative fellow had used my photos to fabricate a key of his own. I would have saved him ALOT of work, had he asked me, I would have sent him the key on loan to copy :)

So... this is and could turn into a rather tall order (9 total) for oldbisuit, in terms of the standard request being 1 lock for decoding. As a VERY small token of my appreciation, I offer to send the decoder one of these in the mail.

Thank You In Advance For Any Help You May Offer,

Scott "Semolian" Davis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-06 18.09.44.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	15413Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-04-06 18.14.13.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	15414

[/QUOTE]
    Miller Numbers are:
    [/QUOTE]

Are you getting these from the case? Check the shackle for a different number … probably the underside of the shackle where it's extra extra hard to read.

G.

Default Gougler RD201

Hello,

I was at an antique store in Cambria CA where I found a Gougler RD201. It did not come with a combo card and I was wondering if someone could pass along the combo. The serial number on the back of the lock reads "C3214". I did not find any numbers on the shackle. The requested pics are attached. Thanks!

Jim Norwood
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gouglerfront.jpg   gouglerback.jpg   gouglerserial.jpg  

Default Gougler Keyless padlock combination requests

Jim, I'm sorry but I am only a collector & have no way to de-code these locks.. However I have a small collection of them & only a couple of them will open.. I like the style & buy them with or with out the combination.. It matters not to me if they open or not as I just hang them on the wall..Someone on here may be able to help you.. If you have no luck & wish to sell it. I'd be interested in buying it locked or open.. These are fun to collect & usually available at a very reasonable price...Hope someone on here can help you...good luck, donnie

Thanks! There was a guy on key picking.com who seemed to have found a way to decode some of these by sound. It was quite a long thread and it was interesting, but it seemed beyond my skills to replicate. If I don't get a combo and I can't decode it on my own, I will certainly keep you in mind if I decide to sell it.

Jim

Default -Gougler-Keyless-padlock-combination-

Thanks Jim, someone will probably come to your rescue as there are a lot of great folks on here.. I started collecting a few years ago & tried on here to find a couple of combo's. No luck.
    I haven't tried the key pickin site.. I early on discovered that I didn't really care too much if they were open or not as I like the style & the Gougler name is way back in my family tree....
    Though I cold not find any relation to the Gougler lock family...... Only the name a few generation's ago..Probably the reason for my interest in these lock's... I know a lot of people have asked for combo's....some make it , some don't.............thanks for writing, and as I said before GOOD LUCK, Donnie

Thread Information