Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Default Gougler lock combination

Thanks to all for your responses the lock opened on the first try. I will enjoy owning this lock for many years.
    jpo

Default combination H

Hello got this gougler lock off of ebay, it did not come with a combination but managed to get it open somehow after fooling with it, the last number must be one click past zero as in the pics,
    there is also the number 1151 stamped on the side and 226 stamped on the shackle, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    Note, Had to trim the pictures so they could be uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0557.JPG   DSCN0556.JPG  

I have sent a PM with a possibility. However, the rivet pattern on the back suggests this is a master-keyed version of the lock (there's a wide and narrow slot on the bottom of the case, right?). These were sold as a group to a customer along with a combination list and the usual codes often do not work.

yeah has the key slot, but the code works,
    thanks!

Default gougler keyless lock combination needed

Hello I have a gougler keyless lock and would like to get the combination. New to the site for now. The patent #s are 1,825,487-1,929,593 the stamp on the shackle is 7218 (I'm pretty sure) 98% . Any help would be appreciated . Not sure if this is important but the dial only makes two completely rotations ends on 6 to the right and 10 to the left. Thanks to whom it may concern

Quote Originally Posted by jones84072 View Post
    Hello I have a gougler keyless lock and would like to get the combination. New to the site for now. The patent #s are 1,825,487-1,929,593 the stamp on the shackle is 7218 (I'm pretty sure) 98% . Any help would be appreciated . Not sure if this is important but the dial only makes two completely rotations ends on 6 to the right and 10 to the left. Thanks to whom it may concern
    The very first message in this thread outlines how we prefer to handle such requests --

Thanks to the goodwill of site supporter ' oldbiscuit ' users have in the past been able to receive codes for Gougler Keyless padlocks.

It is becoming a concern that numbers of requests are now being made for such codes and it is still possible that these padlocks may be in use, while I am not suggesting that any of the previous requests have been improper to ensure that all requests in the future are legitimate the following must be included in any code request post.

1 - At least two clear photo's of the lock in question, 1 front, 1 back uploaded to this server and included in the post.

2 - The photo's must be taken against a sheet of paper, on the paper must be written the full name of the owner of the lock and this website name, ie :

Mr John Smith, www.antique-locks.com

All of the above must be clear and legible.

Any queries regarding this policy please post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jones84072 View Post
    Sorry about that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0026.jpg   IMAG0027.jpg  

jones84072, turn dial all the way to the left till it stops, then go Right 9 clicks, Left 7 clicks, then back Right 4 clicks. Lift shackle to open. Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    jones84072, turn dial all the way to the left till it stops, then go Right 9 clicks, Left 7 clicks, then back Right 4 clicks. Lift shackle to open. Mark
    Mark howdy, I tried the combination a few times , while turning the knob and feeling for what feels like notches it seems to be right . When I get to the end there is no lifting the shackle. I followed the number dial counting first to no avail, then trying the clicks ( the clicks were every other number line) I might not be doing it right but I will keep trying. Thanks for the quick reply.

If the combination is correct, when you dial in the last click it will show a little more resistance than a regular click. If you are not feeling that, than the combination is probably wrong for your lock. The problem with Gouglers is that they made locks in groups for schools and companies with their own proprietary codes that were never published. The other problem is the code lists that Reed published are not always accurate or complete. Well I gave it my best shot anyway, Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information