Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default Antique safe - Venice - Italy

For sale old safe - estimated date 1860 - by company Bruder Hesky Wien, it comes from jewelry from Piazza San Marco in Venice. Three closures (of which only one with key - the other two missing keys). Three shelves. External dimensions 105x63x70cm. Internal dimensions 80x50x46cm. I can send pictures and other information upon request.
    Best regards,
    Matteo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 00.jpg   01.jpg   02.jpg   03.jpg   04.jpg  

Can you take the back cover off the door behind the handle and get a picture?

Nice safe.

Dear Halflock,
    I don't know if I had understood what you want to see: do you want me to undo the back of the safe's door? Can I ask you the motivation? I don't think it's an easy thing to do.
    I attach other pictures, maybe you see what you are interested in...
    Anyway, sorry for my english!
    Kind regards
    Matteo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05.jpg   06.jpg   07.jpg  

No problem. Square plate on right side of picture of the back of the safe door, the plate (looks to be about 6 inch high by 2.5 inch wide) that is larger than the rest on the back of the door. It has a few screws holding it on. The parts that are under that plate will show how the rest of the bolts are connected to the handle. It is just nice to find out how different safe makers did things.

Default Key and lock internals

Hello, Did you happen to take that photo of the lock internals? If so, can you post? Also a photo of the key would be helpful. Thanks, Jim

Thread Information