Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Default eBay - Vintage SALESMAN SAMPLE Cast Iron/Brass Key SAFE bank

salesman sample of a safe. As to what brand I can't say.

I don't know - it does look very odd, perhaps not a salesmans sample but something that was once part of a larger safe and mounted to look like a sample. In my opinion the quality & degree of detail just are not high enough to be a sample item.

The castors too are wrong, plus the 'crane hinge' design does not ring true for me.

Just my opinion based on similar safes I have been but I don't think it is right ............

Paul, I thought too that the casters looked out of place.But looking at the photos closer at the way the casters are mounted,it looks like a factory mounting.Defenatly a factory built sample,but for what safe company who knows.My first thought when I saw this was someone just screwed a bunch of pieces on the outside of a inner safe box.Now I don't think so. Mark

I don't think it's a recent creation, but it doesn't look right to me at all. I would want to handle it to get a better feel for it but I would urge caution to any buyer.

Default Feedback

Thanks for the feedback, I'll forward to the forum link to the seller. Somehow he got my email and asked me if I could find out more information. Jim

Thread Information