Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new member

I too would like to welcome Bill,Ian & Keith to this site. Please feel free to post some pics of your collections and share your thoughts,views and knowledge with us all. I know at times this site gets pretty slow with very little activity, but I personally like to check it at least twice a day just to see what's new. I myself am more interested in padlocks, but I love to read what the other collectors have to post about safes,time locks and door locks. If we all would take the time to post and respond to the questions this site will keep growing into one of the best sites dedicated to the trade. Please enjoy it and contribute to it, Mark
    Mark A. Billesbach

Default thanks

Hi Mark A B, thank you for the welcome message, I will offer what I can to assist anyone with an interest in any locks if and where I have the knowledge or experience.
    Ian McColl

Default Trevor Ferrell - New Member

Please welcome Trevor Ferrell to our forums.

Trevor has always been interested in mechanical objects such as wind-up toys and clocks, upon receiving a solid brass Yale railroad lock and key from his grandfather interest spread to locks and keys as well. This, as well as an already strong urge to collect old things, has compelled him to find and collect many old locks, everything from a wooden lock from china to railroad locks to your standard master padlock.

Default James Meatherall - New Member

Please welcome James Metherall to our forums.

James is collector of RR locks and keys, and has a growing interest in their collection.

Default JimPdent - New Member

Please welcome JimPdent to our forums.

JimPdent's father was one of the pioneers of the lock industry and has a plaque he was given for his sixty years in the industry from 1920 to 1960.

He was the main locksmith for the J.H. W.Climax Company, and before that name it was known as the Roemer Lock company. They were located in Newark, NJ. USA.

JimPdent has some old locks, etc, and keys, of which, he has no idea of their worth. He knows most of the locks are hand made, and the keys were filed by hand and comments:-
    "I am now beginning to become interested in locks as a hobby after reading so much about them. As a retired dentist, I now have the time to give to them."

Hello

I would like to introduce myself, My name is Jason I am a Locksmith & Safe Engineer, I have been intreseted in locks since I was about 8 years old starting off doing Escapeology, I have worked on & seen old Locks, Antique Safes, keys & heratige stuff & look forward to contributing & exploring this site

Hi Jason, nice to see another person interested in escapes.
    Ian McColl

Welcome aboard to all of you! I also like escapes... just the type of getting away for a few days! But I always love to learn anything to do with locks. Please! I would love to see anything in your collections.

Default Amanda Morrow - New Member

Please welcome Amanda Morrow to our forums. Amanda is a curator with the Camp Lawton Confederate Prison Camp Archaeological Collection, and comments:-

"I collect old keys simply because I like the way they look and wish to converse with like-minded individuals. Also sometimes my colleagues recover locks from our archaeological sites and ID help might be requested from time to time."

Default Edison Gimenez, New Menber from Uruguay

Our newest member, Edison Gimenez, works in the safe industry in Uruguay, and comments:-

"I am interested in anything related to security, locks and keys.- I am working on the safe and vault industry so far, but I am been involved in metal work since I was young.- I have a lathe and I manufacture many old keys, specially those which are rare and there are no key blanks for them."

Welcome to our forums Edison, we look forward to learning about the early locks and keys from your part of the world.

Thread Information