Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: new member

I saw a very early Chatwood fire resister safe on ebay a while back-it was in Italy-have you seen many Chatwood safes over there?
    Tom

Default New guy from Southern Indiana

Hi....found this form today!!!!

from Southern Indiana

Post Appreciation from new member

I would like to take this first posting as an opportunity to extend my appreciation to the forum for my acceptance as your most recent member. I have been involved in fitting, refitting and to some extent refurbishing old locks over a considerable period of time. I have had no formal training outside of my Trade (Joiner) regarding locks and learn by need, trial and unfortunally error, I would like to ask for advice regarding antique/old locks still in use which I may come across from time to time and am required to fix, I will hopefully have the opportunity to photograph for record purposes so learning may be available for all. I will hopefully post a photo of an old lock I have to see how my computer skills are and take it from there.

Hi Greg

Welcome to our forums – do feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your lock/key interests….

Hi Joiner

Welcome to our forums – thank you for introducing yourself and telling us a bit about your lock/key interest. We will look forward to learning more about your artefacts. No problem about computer skills, whatever problems you may encounter I’m sure there are many here that can assist with help and advice.

Default Hi peeps :D

Hi guys,
    I just registered to this site. Im so glad that ive found it. I always had a huge fascination of locks and keys( especially Skeleton keys) since i can last remember. in matter of fact I'm currently creating a website(which is not finished yet) regarding padlocks and its history. Anywho i will be on here often so i thought i would introduce myself on this thread

I do in fact have a vintage padlock with 2 sets of skeleton keys that i've boxed up (cause we are moving to another house) and when i unpack it ill post the picture on here

ok back to my studies, yall take care peeps

Isaac M.

Default Greetings from new Michigan member

Hello lock and safe fanatics. I'm Bill DeGrow from the northern Detroit suburb area and am pleased to join your group. My thanks to Brian who helped me get through an activation glitch with my isp provider at regisration.
    My first memory of a lock goes bact to about 5 years old and constantly playing with a combination lock on our root cellar door. I was so fascinated with it, they took it off the door to let me play with it, and showed me how to open it. Next thing I remember is going to 'show and tell' in elementary school with a string of locks and a ring of keys. I don't know why the fascination, but it stuck with me. Fifty years later I fnd myself typing on a forum board of what I assume are similar minded folks. Glad to be here!
    Mostly a padlock collector of turn of last century era thru industrial revolution and some safes from the late 1800's.
    I spend a lot of time on online auctions, craigslist, etc. looking and pricing locks. I hope to be of assistance on the valuation board while at the same time learning from the rest of the forums.
    Look forward to interacting...
    Bill
    (BBCCI)

Default New member Keith Teicher

Please welcome Keith Teicher to the forums. Keith has inherited a collection and is looking forward to learning more about it….

Default Ian McColl New Member

Please welcome Ian McColl to the forums. Ian collects padlocks and handcuffs. He has also written a number of books for the locksmithing trade.

Welcome Bill, Ian and Keith! Good to have more members with a heavy background to help us pool our info about locks. Pull up a keyboard and have some fun!

Thread Information