Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock collection

Default Lock collection

This is just a small sampling of my padlock collection. I've been collecting for the past 35 to 40 yrs buying what ever pleases my eyes. I know some collectors stick with certain catagories, but I've never been able to narrow my likes and wants down that way. Sometimes I wish I had bottomless pockets as my collection would be huge,but I probably wouldn't appreciate them as much.Hope you like the pics and find them as pleasing as I do. Mark

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padlocks 006.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	690.1 KB 
ID:	2619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padlocks 015.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	2621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padlocks 003.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	2620

I found a few more pictures on my camara of my collection. I plan on building more display cases and seperate the locks into catagories,now if I can find wall space to hang them...Hmm

Name:	Padlocks 016.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	499.4 KB 
ID:	2624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padlocks 017.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	2623

Default Nice Lock Collection

Oldbiscuit,

WOW! nice collection of locks. I have collected them for about 15 years. Picking the ones up that caught my eye, not a serious collector. I am just now going throught them. Probably have about 100 locks.

Not a big collection but enough to keep me interested in them, I see a few that you have that I have been looking for for my collection. I must get them out of the shoe boxes and display them like you have. They look so much better in a display, only problem is I don`t have much wall space left!

Jim

Jim, I'm glad you like them.Post some pics of your collection and let me know what locks your looking for as I have several duplicates that I might trade with you. Mark

Ok here is an idea for display without taking up much room. You make a rack that has a hinge on one side. So each leaf holds part of the collection. If you do the hinge as a pin then you can move them around or you make the plate have hangers that mount to the panel. This way you can display portions of the collection and store the rest behind the part you see. This also helps in origination of the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbiscuit View Post
    This is just a small sampling of my padlock collection. I've been collecting for the past 35 to 40 yrs buying what ever pleases my eyes. I know some collectors stick with certain catagories, but I've never been able to narrow my likes and wants down that way. Sometimes I wish I had bottomless pockets as my collection would be huge,but I probably wouldn't appreciate them as much.Hope you like the pics and find them as pleasing as I do. Mark

Name:	padlocks 006.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	690.1 KB 
ID:	2619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padlocks 015.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	593.0 KB 
ID:	2621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	padlocks 003.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	2620
    well i have my locks which my grand grand father used my grand father n my moom gave it to me
    have some of the same shapes showing in the pics
    well dear you have great great collection indeed
    love your collection

Erwin, We'de love to see pics of your locks,please post some. Mark

[QUOTE=oldbiscuit;3753]I found a few more pictures on my camara of my collection. I plan on building more display cases and seperate the locks into catagories,now if I can find wall space to hang them...Hmm. great collection Mark, you have 2 combination padlocks next to the miller dial combination padlock, could you post a close up of those 2 please and info ,also the miller dial which way to open. thanks gus.

Gus, I think these are the two that you were asking about and also the Miller. The one on the left is a JAKOPEC & SCHWARZ Chicago USA. It is a chrome plated lock with four brass wheels. The one on the right is unmarked but is a steel frame and bail with four aluminum wheels. The Miller clock face is a 3 number combo. L to 1, R to 7, L to 5 then turnright and bail pops open. It is a strange lock in that you go straight from 1 to 7 back to 5 without going back over the previous number.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails combo lock 004.jpg   combo lock 003.jpg   combo lock 017.jpg   combo lock 016.jpg  
    Mark A. Billesbach

Gus,I did like you were saying and seperated my combo locks from the rest and have the better ones I take to the shows in two different cases
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails combo lock 001.jpg   combo lock 002.jpg  
    Mark A. Billesbach

Thread Information