Welcome to our world exploring the Historical, Political and Technological aspects of Locks, Keys and Safes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milner Safe 212

Default so, what do you think?

So, Ian and Beach, what do you think of MY Milner? Do you think I've ruined it or do you think I could sell it - for real money? Anyone want to make me an offer?

Have you seen the other safe pictures I posted?

Not much banter on this site Paul...I think every one is tooooo serious. :roll:

R

Going with black for body is a safe bet (hehehe) no pun intended.
    But the safe looks good and the name plate is in good condition. People tend to remove nameplates and use them for plaques, making it difficult to get a good complete safe.
    I still come across Milners Strongroom doors in service at High Street Banks.
    Not sure what colour there safe used to be, but based on the SRDs the bodies were almost certainly black and were you have the green might have been maroon or dark green.

Ian

Default @discreetsecuritysolutions.com

It's very handsome. Mine looked like:

You can see my Turner safe refurb on the S. Griffiths & Sons Safe thread, http://www.antique-locks.com/viewtopic.php?p=666#666

Default Re: so, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntlocks

Not much banter on this site Paul...I think every one is tooooo serious. :roll:

R
    What else would one expect from Lock Collectors - have you ever been with a group of collectors - I don't mind admitting that they are an odd bunch .....

A good signal to noise ratio is a great thing, & now that all the chavs have the internet too it's a rarer and rarer thing.

Whilst removing the paint from my safe, I think the bottom coat was a very dark green.

Default Milners safe

I Have a milners safe that im going to be restoring but would like to know the age.any ideas as ive looked and can't seem to find anything

Default Milner Safe age

Can you post a couple of pics including its serial number...Some of the Ant Lock team will have the exact production date.

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Lockforce001 View Post
    I Have a milners safe that im going to be restoring but would like to know the age.any ideas as ive looked and can't seem to find anything

Default Milners safe date

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Stoner View Post
    Can you post a couple of pics including its serial number...Some of the Ant Lock team will have the exact production date.

Russ
    Withy Grove
    Hello I can't see a serial number on it anywhere,any ideas?i will post a few picturesimagejpeg

Default Milner serial number

Dependent on whether it was a cash safe, its serial number was generally stamped onto the body, central position above the door. Most likely painted over.

Is the safe in original livery?
    Colour of safe is an indication to strength of body (Cash rating)

Regards
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Lockforce001 View Post
    Hello I can't see a serial number on it anywhere,any ideas?i will post a few picturesimagejpeg

Also try looking to the right near the hinge carriage. The numbers can be faint if painted over many times, so you might have to clean it off and hunt around a bit to find them.

Thread Information